JobCode : 0000117
Location : San Antonio
Occupation Type :
Position Type : Contract-Hire
Job Description :
Developer / Programmer JAVA – Mid Level
This position is a hands-on, application developer who will be joining an existing application development team.
The ideal candidate should possess demonstrated ability to:
- Execute and program on an application development team through all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Provide expertise in triaging, diagnosing and resolving complex systems issues
- Quickly learn and apply new information and knowledge
General knowledge of the securities industry and CGC specific businesses.
Working knowledge in one or more highly specialized areas of application development and/or business analysis that is of significant impact to the organization.
Working experience and knowledge of programming language(s), software development tools and environment(s) and systems analysis and functional design.
Knowledge and working experience of database concepts, database design, data modeling and system architectures.
Knowledge and working experience with application design principles, practices, system development methodologies and software life cycles.
Knowledge of user interface principles and windows design standards.
Knowledge of security and disaster recovery requirements for applications development.
Thorough knowledge of documentation and training.
Technical skills and experience: 4+ years
- Java 1.6
- Fundamentals of SQL queries
- Preferred: Unix scripting, Infragistics
- Visual Studio 2010
- Weblogic 10.3
- Oracle 11g
Applied experience leveraging agile software development principals & practices is desired including:
- Scrum or Kanban or Scrumban
- Paired programming
- Continuous integration (using tools like Cruisecontrol, Quickbuild, etc.)
- Test Driven Development
Demonstrated ability to:
• Function and execute in all phases of application software development.
• Work independently and provide technical aptitude concerning application design and/or systems analysis.
• Apply a broad knowledge of development technologies and determine appropriate options for resolving business issues.
• Review recent technical/systems developments and evaluate their usefulness and compatibility with CGC systems.
• Contribute and documents standards and guidelines.
• Communicate complex technical concepts, techniques and skills to a variety of technical, managerial and business audiences.
• Follow project scope and achieve objectives for assigned projects.
• Collaborate with team and follow guidance from Sr/Lead.
• Work effectively in a team environment and support others on the team.
• Use good judgment in identifying issues and recommending solutions to others. Acquires and effectively demonstrates any additional knowledge and skill requirements as requested.
• Maintains and consistently demonstrates a general knowledge of company guidelines, processes, practices and procedures.
• Performs complex systems analysis and/or assists Sr./Lead with designing applications requiring advanced techniques using leading-edge technologies.
• Provides technical expertise and assists Sr./Lead with analytical support in the conceptualization, development and implementation of complex interrelated systems and/or programs.
• Assisting the Sr./Lead with Developing system designs to meet user requirements (examples might include program designs, database designs, and window designs).
• Gathers user requirements and performs systems analysis (possibly in conjunction with business system analysts).
• Follow and executes application designs often integrating multiple phases or aspects of an overall system design.
• Participate in application development design reviews.
• Follows project approach and/or procedures to solve the most complex applications problems considering system requirements/limitations, operating time, system architecture, and the desired results.
• Maintain and follow standards and guidelines.
• Execute systems tests of new state-of-the-art applications to determine potential internal use.
• Collaborate with other applications staff members to resolve complex systems issues.
• Prepares/moves application programs from development to production in controlled manner.
• Follow and update documentation and other materials supporting application programs.
• Provides feedback in determining scope and participates in recommending priorities for system changes.
• On-going evaluation of system functions and design and identifies areas for improvement.
• Provides on-call coverage to application programs as needed to support business operations.
• Participates in the development and training of team members.
• Proactively researches leading-edge technology and application development techniques through continued education and training.
• Prepares and distributes status reports and other updates to users and management.
• Communicates actively with users on systems status, including system changes, problems, enhancements, and potential impacts.
• Participates actively in all, and in some cases leads certain, aspects of project management and control.
• Constructively contributes in team and department meetings and training opportunities.
• Performs other work as required or requested as well as additional assignments.