JobCode : 0000482
Location : PLANO (PLN)
Occupation Type :
Position Type : Contract-Hire
Job Description :
Developer / Programmer JAVA – Junior Level
This position is a hands-on, Jr. application developer who will be joining an existing application development team.
Learn company existing processes, procedures and workflows to include (however not limited to) the software development lifecycle and/or release processes. Acquires and applies foundational knowledge of the business, its products, and/or processes. Gains an understanding of the software development lifecycle: requirements gathering, analysis and design, coding and unit/integration testing in the development of new
applications or modifications to existing applications. Works under direct supervision and performs routine work assignments and problem resolution to support other team members.
Acquires and applies foundational knowledge of the business, its products, and/or processes. Gains an understanding of the software development lifecycle: requirements gathering, analysis and design, coding and unit/integration testing in the development of new applications or modifications to existing applications.
Ability to learn the securities industry and CGC specific businesses.
Acquires and applies foundational knowledge of one or more highly specialized areas of application development and/or business analysis that is of significant impact to the organization.
Technical skills and experience: Up to 2 years relevant business support and/or general analysis experience. With Java.1.6
Business Acumen, Collaboration (Team Building), Communication, Demonstrate Adaptability (Agility), Drive for Results and Innovation.
1. May perform defect correction on less critical development defects, and/or begins to analyze requirements, develop coding skills to code simple applications. Learns to install, customize and integrate commercial software packages.
2. Works with more tenured peers to gain understanding of systems while conducting root cause analysis of issues, reviewing new and existing code and/or performing unit testing.
3. Develops an understanding of customer requirements and how to respond to outages by following the appropriate processes.
4. Learns to create system documentation/play book and attends requirements, design and code reviews. Receives work packages from manager/delegates.
5. Works with senior team members to develop understanding on developing accurate estimates on work packages.
java design Manager Software Development Software Development process visio ia POS STEM CGC ANT