JobCode : 00001013
Location : SAN ANTONIO (SAT)
Occupation Type :
Position Type : Contract
Job Description :
I/T Operations Specialist Jr.
Supports the development and improvement of process and procedures to meet IT Operations availability needs and provides support of these processes to other teams. Supports return to service activities and provides support for Disaster Recover/HADC exercises. Provides consultation with customers on tactical, and at times strategic, availability issues and recommends and/or provides solutions. Works under minimal supervision for intermediate tasks and assignments. Performs moderately complex to complex work assignments and problem resolution.
Associates degree or equivalent work experience; Up to 2 years relevant work experience in PC, Network, Telecommunications, Server, Mainframe, Software or other I/T technical operational support areas, knowledge of IT hardware or software asset management competencies; Knowledge of IT Asset Mgmt systems; Knowledge of or hands-on experience authoring technical documentation. ITAM - Knowledge of project management processes; Experience developing and using Microsoft Access queries and tables; Solid experience using Microsoft Excel and other Office products. Problem Management - Solid experience using Microsoft Excel and other Office products.
• Major Incident Management manages and drives Return to Service activities for all major incidents at the company. Understands and performs standard set of return to service functions or monitoring, analysis, trending, and reporting activities.
• Problem Management & Analysis oversees, produces, analyzes, and reports on metrics and trending for the Incident, Problem, and Availability Management processes. Understands and performs standard set of analysis, trending, and reporting activities.
• Production Control assists support teams with the Change Management System and scheduling tools. Performs batch/automation consulting and analysis, wellness and infrastructure improvements, set-up, and release-related monitoring in partnership with support teams. Understands and performs standard analysis and set-up functions.
• Hardware Provisioning performs design and network installation of cabling projects including fiber and Cat6 in support of data center requirements. Performs routine hardware installation, maintenance, upgrade and deinstallation.
• Desk side Support analyzes, plans, and executes installations, moves, adds, and changes of company's desktop computing and telecommunications equipment. Participates in long and short term projects as required to facilitate new technology, infrastructure upgrades, and face-to-face member experiences. Provides inventory management for desktop computing and telecommunications environments. Ensures financial accuracy and compliance with corporate and commercial policies. Manages assets from acquisition to disposal. Performs complex hardware, software, and telephone break/fix activities for standard desktop and wireless phone equipment. Performs infrastructure platform installation, trouble resolution, break/fix, upgrade, and on-call activities for Server/Network/Telecommunications environments.
• Relocation Services performs routine installation, relocation, changes and de-installs of the desktop platform (computing and telecommunications) in the home office. Performs Return-to-Service (break/fix) functions of the desktop platform (computing and telecommunications) in the home office. Supports and may install Authorized Desktop Software. Supports the enterprise initiatives of equipment refreshes, DR/BR (Disaster Recover/Business Resumption) and CAT.
dotNet design Software Office Development operations process improvement visio ia POS Excel STEM ANT SAS