JobCode : 00001089
Location : SAN ANTONIO (SAT)
Occupation Type :
Position Type : Contract-Hire
Job Description :
Network Engineer Mid.
Acquires and applies broad knowledge of the business, its products, and processes to plan, design, develop, implement, integrate and validate network(s), infrastructure, and/or applications by leveraging a complex infrastructure to meet business requirements in a cost-effective manner. Introduces, integrates and validates changes to network(s), infrastructure, and/or applications in adherence with standardized operational processes. Resolves issues of and navigates obstacles to deliver a work product. Identifies and executes audit controls and tests for network(s), infrastructure, and/or applications to ensure compliance with established standards and policies. Serves as a resource to less
experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience; 4+ years experience in a technical capacity
supporting a network or infrastructure or application configuration; Experience installing,
maintaining, and configuring network, infrastructure and applications specific to Cisco.
• Proactively performs the full range of maintenance on network(s), infrastructure, and
applications; adheres to rigor and established guidelines.
• Performs system monitoring, daily checks, corrective action, system refreshes, hardware
replacements, software upgrades, and application modifications.
• Performs troubleshooting at a complex level, identifying root cause, return to service,
mitigation plans, and creates/documents procedures.
• Evaluates, analyzes, installs, tests, configures, and administers network(s), infrastructure, and
applications as well as providing a full range of testing, administration, and quality checks.
• Business Acumen, Collaboration (Team Building), Communication, Demonstrate Adaptability
(Agility), Drive for Results and Innovation.
• Physical deployment to include software upgrades and configuration
• Comprehension of the different components and roles that make up the system to include
CDM, content router, root device, content engines
• Troubleshooting activities such as hard drive replacement, rebuilding configurations, backup
• Multicast configuration and support across routers and firewalls
• Completion of some form of training or experience with the Cisco product
dotNet design Software process ia business requirements STEM