JobCode : 00001121
Location : SAN ANTONIO (SAT)
Occupation Type :
Position Type : Contract
Job Description :
Operation Research Jr
Applies optimization, simulation, mathematical, statistical and data analytic techniques to research and develop tactical and strategic decision support system simulation models and solutions to improve company performance, process, and network solutions.
Applies various engineering concepts, practices, and procedures to analyze operational data/methods, identify performance improvement opportunities, and/or implement technology systems that meet business objectives.
• Researches, designs, and develops tactical and strategic applications to support field operations.
• Designs, develops, and maintains strategic network planning models to aid in long-term capacity planning process and short-term capacity shortfalls.
• Conducts ad-hoc modeling requests by management. Quantifies operational impact of new business rules, operational policies, new initiatives/products to support decision-making process.
• Analyzes performance data within engineering.
• Analyzes and documents existing processes. Identifies opportunities for improvement and recommends solutions to management.
• Researches and analyzes technical or engineering related information independently. Presents improvement recommendations to management.
• Prepares accurate expenditure proposals and/or cost justification analysis independently. Monitors expenditures to ensure spending is applied and within budget guidelines.
• Formulates and presents document research, progress, and results to team members, internal customers, and senior management.
• Applies project management fundamentals and concepts.
• Creates and publishes progress reports, meeting minutes, field communication memos, and presentations for management review.
• Mentors and develops critical skill sets in lower level engineers.
• Bachelor's degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related technical or quantitative degree (e.g. Naval Post Graduate School) required; in addition to Minimum Experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years experience in applicable technical area is accepted in lieu of degree.
• Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or related field preferred; Master's degree in Engineering or Business Administration preferred.
• Two (2) years experience required in technical area.
• Experience with simulation software (e.g., Arena, AutoMod, Simio), programming language (e.g., SQL, Visual Basic, C+, Java), statistical software (e.g. SAS, SPSS), data mining, mapping software (e.g. GIS), and optimization model preferred.
• Experience with statistical analysis, network analysis, and/or financial analysis preferred.
Required Skills & Abilities:
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
• Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs.
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
• Ability to mentor, coach and act as a knowledge resource to other employees.
• MS or PhD degree in Industrial Engineering or Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline
• Minimum 4 years related experience in simulation and optimization modeling
dotNet sql java web design Software Office Resources operations process improvement ia POS STEM ANT SAS Budget