JobCode : 00001130
Location : SAN ANTONIO (SAT)
Occupation Type :
Position Type : Contract-Hire
Job Description :
Data/Business Solutions Analyst - Jr
Gathers business requirements and participates in the support and delivery of business solutions. Performs data analysis, extraction and delivery activities. Supports the execution of information and data governance. Performs moderately complex work assignments under minimal supervision.
Bachelors degree or 6 years experience in an analytical or technical support function. 2+ years experience in an analytical or technical support function or general data analysis/extraction experience. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and databases; SQL and/or SAS. Working knowledge of data reporting/analysis tools and techniques (such as business objects, monarch, structured query language, etc.); and leveraging relational databases (such as OLTP/OLAP, DB2 Oracle, SQL Server and/or MySQL). Working knowledge of identifying, documenting and analyzing business and/or data requirements. Working knowledge of data extraction techniques and applications. Working knowledge of business functional area and processes. Understands the application of data information to support business functions. Knowledge of industry best practices. Possesses agility for learning technical and business concepts. Successful completion of an analyst assessment may be required.
4+ years' relevant business support and/or general data analysis/extraction experience. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products and databases; SQL and/or SAS. Intermediate knowledge of data reporting/analysis tools and techniques (such as business objects, crystal, monarch, etc.); relational databases (such as OLTP/OLAP, DB2 Oracle, SQL Server and/or MySQL); database design, and table structures; data warehouse structures and data marts. Intermediate knowledge of identifying, documenting and analyzing business and/or data requirements. Intermediate knowledge of data extraction techniques and applications. Displays an understanding of the connection between business operations and analytics. Experience applying data information to support business functions. Demonstrated application of innovative approaches to address business problems and solutions. Intermediate knowledge of industry best practices. Working knowledge of mainframe, EZtrieve, Monarch, JCL, or VBA experience.
• Facilitates gathering moderately complex business requirements by defining the business problem, identifying data requirements and isolating data elements.
• Maintains and assists in the development of moderately complex business solutions, which may include data, reporting, business intelligence or analytics.
• Leverages a basic understanding of multiple data structures and sources (possesses a working knowledge of multiple data stores) to perform moderately complex data manipulation using standard data extraction and analytical tools and techniques.
• Develops intermediate business knowledge of the functional area and processes to understand the application of data information to support business function.
• Supports the implementation of technical data solutions and standards.
• May support data governance, integrity, quality and audit functions.
sql sqlserver design oracle mysql Office Development operations process visio ia business requirements Analytics Analyst Assessment POS Data Warehouse Warehouse Database Design ANT DB2 SAS