JobCode : 00001144
Location : SAN ANTONIO (SAT)
Occupation Type :
Position Type : Contract
Job Description :
BI Developer Mid
Mid Level- Minimum 3 years experience
A BI developer will retrieve and subsequently present corporate information for the purpose of decision support and analysis. The developer produces the results through BI techniques and the use of business intelligence tools. Techniques may range from basic queries, dashboards and portals to multidimensional analysis. Tools may include one or more of SAP BusinessObjects, Microstrategy, Oracle Business Intelligence, Cognos or Microsoft BI. The BI Developer also interfaces with business users to understand their needs and translate these into analytics and reporting solutions. This person must be able to:
• Act as a liaison between the business community and the Data Warehouse or IT team to understand business information needs.
• Translate information needs into data and system requirements.
• Retrieve and present corporate information for the purpose of decision support and analysis leveraging one of the aforementioned technologies.
• Deliver these data needs via a range of structures such as reports, dashboards, portals and data marts using the aforementioned technologies.
• Provides programming and business analysis support for the design, development, testing and implementation of reports, portals and dashboards, using the above mentioned BI technologies.
Supplier resources will have the following skills / experience / background:
• Strong individual contributor in complex Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence project implementations
• Experienced in working directly with business customers
• Strong SQL skills including complex query building and query performance tuning
• Data analysis skills - ability to dig in and understand complex models and business processes
• UDB, SQL Server, Oracle, My SQL, Netezza or Teradata database experience
• Strong understanding of Data warehousing design concepts/skills
• Performance tuning skills. The ability to analyze and resolve performance issues
• Proven problem-solving / problem resolution abilities.
• Demonstrated ability to translate business processes to applicable requirement types (functional, technical, etc)
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
Business Objects (Universe Design, Xcelsius, Webi) or an equivalent technology
Dimensional data modeling skills
Familiar with Agile Development Methodology
StarTeam Software Configuration Management Tool
MS Analysis Services
dotNet sql sqlserver web design oracle Software Agile Office Resources Development process ia Analytics Business Process Crystal Reports MicroStrategy POS Excel PowerPoint Dashboard Data Warehouse Warehouse STEM Data Modeling Unix DB2 Teradata Netezza SAS