JobCode : 00001249
Location : SAN ANTONIO (SAT)
Occupation Type :
Position Type : Contract
Job Description :
Software Developers and Integrators (SDIs) are engaged in all phases of the software development life cycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. SDIs primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, SDIs participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. This role is a solid, career-level role where functional and technical proficiency has been obtained, and incumbents display a depth of technical understanding within their respective areas of specialization allowing them to operate independently. Incumbents also display a proficiency that allows them to begin to mentor others (third party and internal resources) on procedural matters.
• Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of work experience in the Information Technology
• 4+ years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within a specific I/T discipline(s)/technology(s)-i.e., Business Intelligence, Mobile, Web, Java, etc.
• Independently installs, customizes and integrates commercial software packages. Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues. Works with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing. Learns to create system documentation/play books and attends requirements, design and code reviews. Receives work packages from manager and/or delegates.
• Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability. Resolves complex technical design issues.
• Creates system documentation/play book(s) and participates as a reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews. May serve as the subject matter expert on development techniques.
• Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate work estimates on work packages.
• May serve as a mentor on procedural matters to less experienced internal and third party team members. May assist experienced team members with the delegation of work packages.
• 2+ years Java, Mobile, and/or Object Oriented programming experience.
• Experience with SQL.
• Working knowledge of automated testing techniques, methodologies and tools.
sql java web mobile design Manager Software Development Software Resources Development ia STEM