JobCode : 00001259
Location : SAN ANTONIO (SAT)
Occupation Type :
Position Type : Contract
Job Description :
Platform Software Engineer MID
Platform Software Engineers create and maintain APIs for our business software applications that our members use. As a Platform Engineer, you are expected to be able to function in a fast-paced environment driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development ensuring quality is built into all solutions leveraging TDD. Your responsibilities will require you to be knowledgeable in API development. You will be a part of teams of developers guiding on engineering and architecture best practices as well as demonstrate the ability to partner and engage with other engineers and architects. You will work closely with business clients and UI designers to analyze user requirements, code applications and customize and/or integrate commercial software packages for both internal employees and external member-facing applications across multiple platforms.
As a Platform Engineer, it will be your responsibility to maintain code integrity and quality.
• With limited guidance performs defect correction (analysis, design, code) on less complex issues and/or codes applications of medium complexity. With guidance begins to install, customize and integrate commercial software packages. Works with more tenured peers to gain understanding of systems while conducting root cause analysis of issues, reviewing new and existing code and/or performing unit testing.
• Works with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing. Learns to create system documentation/play books and attends requirements, design and code reviews. Receives work packages from manager and/or delegates.
• Understands and assists in gathering and analyzing customer requirements and may respond to outages following the appropriate processes.
• Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate estimates on work packages. May begin to identify issues that impact availability
Platform Software Engineers create innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
• Curious and excited by new ideas
• Energized by a fast-paced environment
• Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology
• Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
• Community-focused, dependable and committed
• Exceptionally detail-oriented
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS MID LEVEL
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) majors or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• 2+ years in REST frameworks with focus on API development
• 1+ years in AGILE methodology
• 1+ years’ experience integrating with backend services like JMS, J2C, ORM frameworks (Hibernate, JPA, JDO, etc), JDBC.
• Ability to implement container based APIs using a container frameworks OpenShift, Docker, or Kubernetes.
• Relational Database design and optimization with Oracle DB2, MySQL, Postgress
• Familiar with Gradle, GIT, GitHUB, GITLab, etc. around continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructure
• Experience testing in REST services
• Experience in design and develop automated test framework