JobCode : 00001260
Location : SAN ANTONIO (SAT)
Occupation Type :
Position Type : Contract
Job Description :
Front End Software Engineer Mid
Purpose of Job
Front End Engineers create and maintain the front-end portion of our business software applications. Done well, many may never realize or appreciate how critical these systems are or how we've made them simpler, faster, and safer. Yet, they help make our members' lives better. It's a great challenge and responsibility.
As a Front-end Engineer, you are expected to be able to function in a fast-paced environment driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development ensuring quality is built into all solutions. Your responsibilities will require you to be an expert in front development best practices and frameworks creating beautiful experiences for our internal and member facing systems. You will be required to be an expert in understanding user requirements and tailoring user experiences accordingly. You will engage with business clients, UI designers, developers and architects to create high performing and easy to use systems via the web as well as mobile-based applications. You will create and implement design principles that ensures that our content renders well across multiple devices. You will use and promote the use of front-end and mobile testing tools to ensure quality.
As a Front-end Engineer, it will be your responsibility to maintain code integrity and quality as well as ensure application architecture is designed for performance and resiliency.
• Utilizing technical expertise; Creates system requirements, performs design and analysis, and coding and unit testing of complex to highly complex system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple platforms. Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability. Resolves complex technical design issues.
• Provides functional and/or technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals. Coordinates changes and influences and prioritizes tasks with business or technical departments.
• Analyzes and influences technical, system, and/or user requirements. Identifies and creates solutions to improve system performance and availability. Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrences.
• Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews. Typically serves as a resource to the business.
• Develops accurate estimates on work packages and ensures the accuracy of estimates developed by less experienced internal and third party team members. Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced internal and third party team members to execute. Acts as a technical resource throughout the development life cycle. May also actively contribute to the technical and soft skills development of team members.
• Assists team leads and management with delegation of technical work packages to cross-functional and third party team members for execution through the full development life cycle. Keeps management appropriately informed of progress and issues.
• Coordinates system application transition from development teams to maintenance and production teams, and/or constructs and implements necessary controls to assure system/application traceability.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS MID LEVEL
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) majors or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
• 1+ years of experience working with Agile methodology
• Experience in translating front-end mockups and wireframes into functioning applications
• 1+ years’ experience in designing/coding for high availability and performance.
• 1+ years of experience with rapid prototyping / simulations / iterative design
• Experience supporting accessibility requirements from ADA (Section 508 subset of a11y).
• 2+ years of experience on closures/Prototypes/JS.this and variable scope
• Understanding of HTTP interaction with browsers (request types, request headers, synchronous/asynchronous requests).
• Understanding of page rendering orchestration within a browser
• Experience at using browser development tools within each major browser
• Delivering software using a container based infrastructure
• Familiar with Gradle, GIT, GitHUB, GITLab, etc. around continuous integration and continuous delivery infrastructure
• Experience testing in Selenium frameworks