JobCode : 00001263
Location : SAN ANTONIO (SAT)
Occupation Type :
Position Type : Contract
Job Description :
Engineer - Mid Level
Purpose of the Job
We are currently seeking a talented Integration Engineer - Mid Level for our San Antonio, TX facility. Integration Engineers are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. Integration Engineers primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, Integration Engineers participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. This role is a solid, career-level role where functional and technical proficiency has been obtained, and incumbents display a depth of technical understanding within their respective areas of specialization allowing them to operate independently. Incumbents also display a proficiency that allows them to begin to mentor others (third party and internal resources) on procedural matters.
• Independently installs, customizes and integrates commercial software packages. Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues. Works with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing. Learns to create system documentation/play books and attends requirements, design and code reviews. Receives work packages from manager and/or delegates.
• Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
• Resolves complex technical design issues.
• Creates system documentation/play book(s) and participates as a reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
• May serve as the subject matter expert on development techniques.
• Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate work estimates on work packages.
• May serve as a mentor on procedural matters to less experienced internal and third party team members.
• May assist experienced team members with the delegation of work packages.
• Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
• Experience configuring custom workflows using various events, actions, rules, security functions, etc.
• Experience developing, deploying and integrating with cloud and hosted applications
• Experience creating data extraction scripts and building custom integration for delivery
• Clear understanding of Agile execution utilizing scrum practices and SAFE Methodology
• Exposure to scripting with Linux Shell or Win. PowerShell
• Exposure to using file transport protocols such as: FTP, SFTP, SCP
• 6 months’ experience with source control systems like but not limited to GIT, GIT-CI, RTC, GITHUB
• Working knowledge of OAuth integrations with a vendor