JobCode : 00001320
Location : SAN ANTONIO (SAT)
Occupation Type :
Position Type : Contract
Job Description :
Business Systems Analyst
This position provides analytical support for business processes across the business or staff agency. The individual typically works with other Analysts who are responsible for supporting key functions and provides recommendations for improvements to the business and/or business processes.
1. Provides operational support on current processes and supports business operations and management in identifying opportunities and solutions to meet current and future business needs.
2. Organizes and defines parameters of assigned projects. Assembles relevant data for said project(s). Validates information and interfaces with other departments to include presentations of documented findings, alternatives and recommended actions. May represent the business or staff agency as the subject matter expert on special project and initiatives.
3. Develops and maintains an understanding of overall business functions.
4. Broad system knowledge relating to primary job functions.
5. Assists with the documentation of new and revised departmental procedures.
6. Search and Gathers information, correlates and analyzes data from multiple resources to identify trends and root causes, and develops work products.
7. Performs research, analysis, and resolution of account issues through the use of reports. Reviews, validates, and/or analyzes reports that function as a control to existing processes.
8. Generates and/or develops regulatory and management reports. Develops and analyzes additional ad-hoc reports as needed by Management and or Regulatory Agencies.
- 2-4 years of analyst or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a wide-variety of systems coordination, process/product review initiatives and the development of management information requirements for related business functions.
College degree or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools; especially excel
- Works independently after minimal guidance
- Detail- Oriented, enjoys collaborating in a team environment, can analyze issues and make decisions.
- Demonstrates adaptability and embraces change, writes and speaks effectively, and can influence others.
Supplier resources will have the following skills / experience / background:
• Familiarity with Process Engineering Processes
• Familiar with outputs from DMAIC process studies (e.g. SIPOC Analysis, Voice of the Customer, Critical to Quality, Requirements Artifacts)
• Demonstrated ability to translate business processes to applicable requirement types (functional, technical, etc)
• Requirements Analysis. Document the performance of requirements analysis in accordance with the Software Process Engineering procedures, standards, guidelines, templates, forms and references.
• Wok Package Analysis. Artifacts will be completed in accordance with requirements
• Develop Work Package Estimates
• Develop Requirements Specifications. This task will include development of the Requirements Specification Matrix, Business Use Cases, Business Rules/Specifications, Acceptance Criteria, User Acceptance Test Conditions and Test Cases, Page Specifications, and System Use Cases in accordance with the Software Process Engineering Library artifacts.
• Defect Analysis
• Knowledge transfer
• Testing Analysis
Software Office Resources Development operations process improvement dmaic ia Business Process POS Excel STEM Analytical Support ANT